Our aquaculture services include the whole life cycle of farmed fish from strategic environmental assessment to fish farm design, to environmental monitoring and adjustments to regulatory regimes. We assist our customers in reaching quality and economically optimal production.
Akvaplan-niva has undertaken more than 2000 aquaculture site surveys Norway, Greece, Turkey, the Philippines, Chile and the Red Sea. From these surveys our staff has knowledge on a wide variety of marine and freshwater species from both cold and warm water regions.
- site surveys, feasibility studies and master plans
- advice on biological, technical and economic aspects of aquaculture
- design of hatcheries, production facilities, and research stations
- management consultancy
- certification and technical inspections of production facilities
- location inspections
- construction certificates