Akvaplan-niva AS is a research-based company, incorporated under NO 937 375 158. The company is a 100% owned subsidiary of the Norwegian Institute for Water Research (NIVA).
Director Salve Dahle was appointed in 2001 by the Board of Directors. The Director is responsible for the day-to-day management of the organisation.
Anton Giæver:Deputy Director
Deputy Director Anton Giæver was appointed in 2008. He assists the Director in management and operations of the company, its infrastructure and personnel and resources.
JoLynn Carroll:Assistant Director
Assistant Director JoLynn Carroll was appointed in January 2010. She assists the Director in planning, development and implementation of company strategies for existing and new business areas.
Akvaplan-niva’s Business Areas
The business is divided into four thematic areas:
- Research and Innovation
- Industry and Environment
- Public Sector Environmental Services
- Aquaculture Services
- Lars Henrik Larsen - Marine Monitoring and Assessment Services
- Guttorm Christensen - Coastal and Freshwater
- Anita Evenset - Arctic Environment R&D
- Albert Imsland - Aquaculture Research
- Reinhold Fieler - Aquaculture
These managers are responsible for the operations and staff management of their individual areas and report to the Director.
Special Groups and Cross-cutting Business Areas
In addition to the thematic areas, the company has assigned contact person for certain focus business areas:
- Alexey Bambulyak - Russia and Eastern Europe
- Cathrine Spikkerud & Geir Morten Skeie - Sensitive Environments Decisions Support Group (SensE)
- Rune Rautio - Northern Counties and the Norwegian-Russian Border Area
- Lars Henrik Larsen - Arctic Environment Team
- Merete Stefanussen - Administrative secretary
- Kirsti Isaksen - Financial management
- Barbara Vögele - Quality Assurance
- Oddmund Isaksen - Logistics
- Jos Kögeler - ICT Systems
Board of Directors
- Greta Bentzen, Board Leader
- Tor-Petter Johnsen
- Gunnar Rørstad
- Reidulf Juliussen
- Edel Elvevoll
- Marianne Frantzen, Elected by the employees
- Bård Worum, Elected by the employees